Time for change
- Catholic Education South Australia has made a commitment to move Year 7 to secondary settings.
- Currently, South Australia is the only state where Year 7s undertake their education in a primary setting.
- This move will open up more diverse learning opportunities for young people.
More information is available on the CESA website: www.cesa.catholic.edu.au/about/our-strategy/ready-for-year-7
And on our website: www.tmc.catholic.edu.au
Year 7 at Thomas More College will commence in 2019
Year 7 students will benefit from studying in a high school setting at Thomas More College with:
- Specialist teachers and facilities providing a greater depth of learning and challenge.
- Greater flexibility in curriculum offerings and academic pathways.
- A wellbeing structure which supports the social and emotional growth of young adolescents.
Year 7 students are ready for more independence and the step up in responsibility which a high school setting can provide.
Thomas More College is ready!
Thomas More College will be prepared ensuring the best possible outcome for students.
To accommodate Year 7s, a number of physical changes will be taking place over several stages.
- Refurbishment and building new general learning facilities.
- Landscaping of some external areas to be designated Year 7/8 space.
Thomas More College has moved to establish a dedicated Middle School structure and is ready to provide learning which addresses the academic, social and emotional needs of the young adolescent brain. Our teachers know how to engage and reach students on their own terms with attention to their age, cultural, home and community experiences.
The Thomas More College community celebrates learning, recognises achievement and affirms those who continually strive for excellence. Thomas More College prides itself on providing students with a comprehensive and diverse curriculum where students with a wide range of abilities are given opportunities to achieve their full potential.